I'm cleaning house as I try to come back to blogging, which I was never really "at" to begin with, but I've uttered a few expressions to the universe, which God saw/sees, and knows my heart. That said, I found some drafts that I have decided to publish anyway. This is from nearly six years ago! But I wanted to keep a record of this post from a cyber friend, my response to what I took from it.
Bread and Stones « Back Road Journey: "1st Sunday in Lent at Pine Island Presbyterian Church “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul thirsts for you, O God.” “And He will raise you up on eagle’s wings.” “What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul.” We sang and spoke and prayed of our longing and yearning for God. The imagery is rich and the desire is real. But stones get in our way. We want to skip the hard stuff, we want just the tasty bread and the comfort of God’s abiding care without placing our trust, all of it, in the Holy One. We want the power, the status, and the assurance without the letting go, the complete act of surrender, or the leap of faith that takes us through Good Friday on our way to Easter. Such is the call of faith. Such is the walk of Lent. May the Bread of Life sustain you in these Lenten days. ~Cathleen Posted in Lent, Worship | 4 Comments 4 Responses to “Bread and Stones” on 10e063e0606am07, MaramTue, 06 Mar 2007 04:25:06 +0000c04 21, 2007 at 12:37 am031 Karla MG Cathleen, how rich and deep! Thank you for sharing this reminder that we must carry the stones along the way, for a time, but that the bread is there. It is sustenance and conection! Blessings to you as well in these Lenten days!"
Monday, January 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment