As already stated, I'm cleaning house on my blog and decided to post a couple of drafts. This is amazing to find this here, as I just used this poem a few months ago in my online Women on the Threshold retreat, remembering that I'd written it years before, for Christine's poetry party! How cool is that?!
Invitation to Poetry: Hidden Rooms | Abbey of the Arts: "The hallway is dim. The doors are varied, Though always closed And windowless. The path ends here. But , wait! I see a ledge. There’s a fringe hanging down With a key tied on. I look more closely. Yes! There are strings of light Faintly gleaming from keyholes. The path must not end here. There is a way out of this hall. But like a young wizard seeking to save his friend, I must find the right door. There is only one key. Patiently, I must try, For old keys and locks sometimes “stick.” They must be handled gently. Turned with a firm, but easy hand. And so, I search With hope, With dreams intact. Believing that the next room, Will add to my story. And believing that For many closed doors, God leaves keyholes! –Karla Grauberger 11/07"
Monday, January 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment